Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A little bit about me...for all the new followers!

My name is Desiree, I am 25 years old, and I'm from Miami, FL born and raised! I am a first generation American, created by 2 Cuban parents that lived a block away from each other in Havana but didn't meet until they both arrived in this country. I am the oldest of 3 kids, with both a younger sister and a younger brother.

I have been married to my best friend for 3 years, though we have been together for almost 6. His name is Kenny and he is awesome LOL He's also remarkably shy about being in photos and on the internet, so you will very rarely see him on here.

We have a pug named Pig and a cat named Brady, and we take better care of them than we do of ourselves sometimes :) We love reptiles, and have had quite a few throughout our relationship, but we currently have none.

I make my living in insurance sales, as I co-own an insurance agency with my father. I am also a freelance fashion photographer, my company is called Beautiful Garbage Photography, Inc. and I mostly do work that I sell to benefit charitable organizations. I am also a graduate student, currently getting my Masters in Psychology, with a specialization in Addictions Counseling.

I love: animals, photography, fashion, online shopping, the interwebs, my DVR, owls, my iPhone, dancing, tequila, obscure music, reading blogs, tolerance, intelligent conversation, coffee, dresses, mustaches, makeover shows, bad TV in general, reading memoirs/biographies, talking, writing blog posts (list to be expanded, I'm sure)

I very strongly dislike: people who hate dogs, going to malls with people that invite me hoping I'll just fawn over everything they try on, rum (bad Cuban, bad!), people "discovering" bands I love and turning them into mainstream garbage, cap sleeves, intolerance, ignorance, people that allow themselves to be victimized, douchebags that victimize said people, writing school papers (I'm sure this list shall grow as well LOL)

Random tidbits about me:
* I am a Libra, and I firmly believe the coolest people on earth are as well LOL
* I have been cutting my own hair for the past 2 years, and I've yet to screw it up (notice I said "yet"!)
* I have 3 tattoos and I currently have 8 piercings, though at the peak of my body mod-ing, I had 12
* I am the kind of person that will cry watching commercials (true story!), but I'm also the kind of person that will punch someone first and ask questions later (also true story, unfortunately. I need to work on my aggression, though I have gotten MUCH better since I graduated college)
* The paternal side of my family is small, quiet and very well-to-do, and we were brought up with impeccable manners and etiquette due to this. The maternal side of family is HUGE, lots of people, lots of personality, and we're all a little chusma (the latin version of "country" or "ghetto", if you will LOL) so I can be really LOUD and boisterous! The great thing about my upbringing is I can be classy AND trashy, and I know when each is appropriate ;)
* I am OBSESSED with (and collect) Piggy Banks! 
* I believe EVERY WOMAN is beautiful. EVERY SINGLE ONE.


Any questions, interviews, etc, please email me at FrugalistaFatshionista (at) yahoo (dot) com

No comments:

Post a Comment