Monday, December 20, 2010

William Rast for Target, as far as I can tell...

Fact: The range only goes up to an XL, which according to Target is a 16...

Opinion: Most of the outfits in the look book seem to have been put together with the mentality of "If you wanna look boho (which apparently is what they're going for, because the tag line is Biker Boho), you have to layer 17 things one on top of the other and look as disheveled and wacky as possible!"

Observe:

This is "Look 7" of the collection. Even by the models stance, it just screams "lazy" to me.

Of all the looks on the site, this is the only one I would consider wearing:

Same top and shoes, whole different attitude. Much more put-together and stylish, IMO.

So yeah. At least in my opinion, this collection is a fail. That's considering however, that I haven't seen or felt the clothes in person, so at best they're a fail, and at worst they're a monumental fail.

Check out the collection here and draw your own conclusions. I'd love to hear from anyone that has actually seen the line in person, or even purchased something from it! I'm sure with some creativity, these pieces could shine. They're just totally not my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment