Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Unrelated: Calendar for a Good Cause!

 As I have mentioned before, I am a freelance photographer, and I've been doing this for almost 3 years...

Every year, I put together a calendar that I sell to benefit a charity (non-profit, as in I charge what the printer charges me and enough for a $5-$10 donation to the cause)...The 2009 and 2010 calendars were sold to benefit Multiple Sclerosis, but this year I have decided to donate the proceeds to the ALS Foundation.

The 2009 calendar was horoscope inspired, and the 2010 calendar was themed "Swimsuits with a Twist", basically editorial-type photos of bikini-clad models in weird or unexpected locations. This year, I'm thinking of making a calendar featuring a series of tattoo portraits I've been working on...you can see some of them here.

So, I just wanted to let you guys know what I'm working on, because like I mentioned, it's non-profit, I donate my time and so do the people featured in the photographs so that we can help make a difference for a good cause. If anyone might be interested in a calendar (which will probably sell for $25), please comment or email me (frugalistafatshionista@yahoo.com) so I can gauge interest and know how many to order!

Thanks for letting me bend your ear a little bit, so to speak ;)

Back to the sales! :)


:EDIT: Side-note, to keep it somewhat fashion related: I made all the dresses featured in the 2009 Horoscope calendar...and by made, I mean I pinned them onto the models about 15 minutes before each shoot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment