Monday, September 13, 2010

CLOTHES CLOTHES CLOTHES (a wish list, because a couple things on here aren't quite so "frugal")

As you may have read, I'm doing a 101 things in 1001 days challenge. One of the items on my list (number 84, to be exact) is to not buy an item of clothing for 3 months. I am happy to report that I have gone one entire month (longer actually) without buying any clothes. This might not seem like much, but you don't understand how difficult it is for me to say no to an item of clothing I love. I can't resist a sale, and I am known to drop hundreds of dollars in one fell swoop (particularly online) once I convince myself that I must have that dress, but not without that belt, cardigan, purse and pair of shoes (just an example...or not).

ANYWAYS!

To quell my NEED (or intense desire, rather) to shop, I've decided to occupy my time by posting a few of the pieces that I am SERIOUSLY coveting right now, though I can't buy them for another 2 months (NOOOO!!!! What if they sell out?! breathe!!!!!!)




here is the first item...isn't the color amazing? I LOVE dresses, and have about 2 dozen right now that I usually rotate non stop (as a matter of fact, I'm wearing a brown knee length dress right now with a denim blue cardigan lol). Very very rarely do I wear pants or jeans anymore unless I'm lounging around at home, and sometimes not even. It's not even that expensive (about $50) which is the excuse I WOULD be using if I went and bought it right now...waaahhh!!!!



Aren't these shoes to DIE?! I usually don't like when the heel/sole of a shoe is a different color than the rest of it, but I just LOVE how the blue plays off the wood color. I also am totally loving the chunky heel, and who can resist a mary-jane?




This dress totally knocks my socks off. It's a convertible dress that can be worn at least 20 different ways depending on how you wrap the fabric. The $200+ price tag is tragic, considering how many different colors I want this piece in (the emerald green is PHENOMENAL), but I suppose it's well worth the price considering how many outfits you can hypothetically get out of the one item.




I've been basically obsessed with this pattern for a while now (just look around my house and you'll see what I mean) so of course I LOST it when I saw this dress. It's SO my style. I love a military/minimalist style dress, so tough yet feminine. This website is pretty awesome overall, because you can send them your measurements and they'll make you a garment of your choosing custom...even if you don't like any of their offerings, you can ask them to change a neckline, a garment length, etc and they'll custom make your perfect outfit for you!




SOMEONE BUY ME GIFT CARDS! GAH!!!!! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment